SELECT BLOG CATEGORY
SELECT ARCHIVE MO./YR.
SEARCH MY BLOG!
Classic Soulful Bits Radio!!
Soul Bashment Radio!!
See All My Classic Tweets
Napster’s Blog News
- This Week’s New Music: Oct. 21, 2016 - October 21, 2016
As we wait out the tail end of fall, here are some new releases that kept our ears buzzing this week. Lady Gaga: Joanne Still... The post This Week’s New Music: Oct. 21, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- This Week’s New Music: Oct. 14, 2016 - October 16, 2016
It’s time for the weekly new music wrap up, and here’s a selection of what caught the attention of our ears this week. The... The post This Week’s New Music: Oct. 14, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- Win Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds from Napster - October 10, 2016
We want you to listen to Napster in the best possible way in any situation and this week we are giving away TWO pairs... The post Win Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds from Napster appeared first on Napster Music News.
- This Week’s New Music: Oct. 7, 2016 - October 7, 2016
Here’s our weekly wrap up of this week’s notable albums and singles, and there’s something here for everyone. Bruno Mars: “24K Magic” It’s been... The post This Week’s New Music: Oct. 7, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- This Week’s New Music: Sept. 30, 2016 - September 30, 2016
Welcome to this week’s wrap up of new music that caught our ear. Enjoy! Bon Iver, 22, A Million Justin Vernon (aka Bon Iver)... The post This Week’s New Music: Sept. 30, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
Stereo Gum: Music News
- Hope Sandoval And The Warm Inventions – “A Wonderful Seed” - October 25, 2016
Hope Sandoval And The Warm Inventions, the team-up of Mazzy Star singer Hope Sandoval and My Bloody Valentine drummer Colm Ó Cíosóig, are releasing their new album Until The Hunter next week. We’ve already heard lead single “Let Me Get There,” a duet with Kurt Vile, and now they’ve shared a ghostly acoustic sigh called […]
- Paul McCartney Is Not Happy About Being Called Out By Phil Collins Last Week - October 25, 2016
Phil Collins is releasing his new autobiography Not Dead Yet: The Memoir tomorrow, and last week, he concluded a lengthy interview with the UK’s Sunday Times by detailing a 2002 encounter with a condescending Paul McCartney: I’ve got to preface this by saying McCartney was one of my heroes…But he has this thing when he’s […]
- MOLLY – “As Years Go By” Video & “Milk Teeth” - October 24, 2016
Lars Andersson and Phillip Dornauer record skeletal, celestial shoegaze under the name MOLLY. They just released their second EP, As Years Go By, and now they’ve shared a video for its title track and a new b-side called “Milk Teeth.” Their music reflects the cold beauty of the Austrian Alps, and so does the video, […]
- Splashh – “Rings” - October 24, 2016
Sasha Carlson and Toto Vivian started making music together as teenagers in Australia, officially formed their band Splashh after moving to London, and wrote much of debut album during a temporary move to New York. Now that album, titled Waiting A Lifetime, is set for release on Sony subsidiary Cinematic Music Group, which makes them […]
- Suge Knight Sues Dr. Dre For Allegedly Trying To Have Him Killed - October 24, 2016
This past spring, Suge Knight alleged that Dr. Dre hired a hitman to kill him. Now, he’s made it a legal claim. According to TMZ, the former Death Row CEO filed a lawsuit that details a lifetime management deal with Dre that entitles him to a little less than a third of Dre’s entertainment revenue. […]
- Books of The Times: Review: In ‘Alfred Hitchcock: A Brief Life,’ Fear Drives a Master of Suspense - October 24, 2016
The latest biography by Peter Ackroyd examines what lurks behind the film director’s obsession with order and control.
- Max Landis Is a Hollywood Disrupter With an Attitude - October 24, 2016
The screenwriter Max Landis, son of John Landis, has strong opinions about showbiz, and he isn’t shy about expressing them, in person or online.
- Tyler Perry’s ‘Madea’ Scares Off ‘Jack Reacher’ at Domestic Box Office - October 23, 2016
“Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween” hit No. 1 across North America over the weekend.
- Vocations: A Film Technician Who Discovers Gems in the Outtakes - October 22, 2016
Willem Barneveld, a film technician and curator at Pro-Tek Vaults in Burbank, Calif., sometimes comes across footage that no one has seen in 80 years.
- Snapshot: Christopher Guest: No Eccentric Obsession Left Behind - October 21, 2016
Mr. Guest, whose new movie is about men and women who caper and cavort as sports mascots, discusses his films and the quirks that make people feel alive.
- Review: ‘Boo! A Madea Halloween’ Finds Tyler Perry in the Usual Costume(s) - October 21, 2016
Mr. Perry’s most popular character is back again to crack wise and deliver advice in this comedy. He plays some other people, too.
- On DVD: Two ’70s Movies on Video Enter the Valley of the Cult Heroines - October 21, 2016
Eiichi Yamamoto’s animated “Belladonna of Sadness” is organically outré; Russ Meyer’s “Beyond the Valley of the Dolls” is intentionally so.
- Op-Ed Contributor: ‘Too Bad You’re Latin’ - October 21, 2016
A movie producer’s words sum up America’s view of its largest ethnic minority.
- This Week’s Movies: Oct. 21, 2016 - October 20, 2016
The New York Times film critics review “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back,” “Moonlight” and “Fire At Sea”
- Movie Listings for Oct. 21-27 - October 20, 2016
A guide to movies playing at theaters in the New York City area, as well as select festivals and film series. A complete list of new releases is at nytimes.com/intheaters.
- Review: Tom Cruise Has a Familiar Furrow in ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ - October 20, 2016
Mr. Cruise returns as this title character to fight menace in Edward Zwick’s film.
- ‘Fire at Sea’ Is Not the Documentary You’d Expect About the Migrant Crisis. It’s Better. - October 20, 2016
Instead of raising awareness, Gianfranco Rosi cultivates alertness. His film is an impressionistic tour of an Italian island turned upside down.
- Suge Knight launches lawsuit against Dr. Dre - October 25, 2016
The rap mogul insists his former protege was responsible for the altercation that landed him in jail.
- Dizzee Rascal: 'I’m trying to make new sh*t' - October 24, 2016
Ahead of his Boy In Da Corner show on Saturday night, Dizzee spoke with Julie Adenuga on Beats 1. They speak about the show,
- Pete Burns of Dead or Alive dies aged 57 - October 24, 2016
Dead or Alive singer Pete Burns has died aged 57 after suffering a cardiac arrest, his management has said.
- Exes Taylor Swift and John Mayer attend Drake's birthday bash - October 24, 2016
Katy Perry also showed up for the party.
- Lady Gaga won't be thrilled when ex-fiance finds love again - October 24, 2016
The superstar can always count on Tony Bennett to cheer her up.
- Lady Gaga: 'My father feared my death. In the most powerful way' - October 24, 2016
Zane Lowe aired his full interview with Lady Gaga and you can check out the full interview below.
- Mel C: 'Spice Girls were never put under any pressure to be sexy' - October 24, 2016
Singer, songwriter & actress Mel C reveals her ambition to compete in her age group for Team GB, addresses her comments on Strictly and reveals
- Ne-Yo: 'Women deserve respect in music' - October 24, 2016
Ne-Yo is hoping to reunite with Rihanna one day.
- Britney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunction onstage - October 24, 2016
One of Britney Spears' male dancers lent her his plaid shirt to help her get through the set with her modesty intact.
- Melanie Brown walks off Australian talk show set - October 24, 2016
Mel B declared she was "so bored" of talking the Spice Girls reunion and joked that she "killed" off Victoria Beckham and Melanie Chisholm.
Digital Music News Blog
- Musicians, This Is How You Deal With Haters - October 24, 2016
I remember the first time I got publicly shit on. I remember like it was yesterday. But it was actually nearly 8 years ago. I was included in the Minnesota Daily’s (the official newspaper of the University of Minnesota) “Freshman Survival Guide” as one of the “Worst bands of Minneapolis.” I was number 1! Ironically, […] The post Musicians, This Is How You Deal With Haters appeared first on Digital Music News.
- SoundExchange Submits Rates Proposal for 2018 Until 2022 - October 24, 2016
SoundExchange submitted their SiriusXM rates to the Copyright Royalty Board, according to a new report from Music Business Worldwide. Based on expert analysis, SoundExchange proposes a rate that is the greater of 23% of revenue and per-subscriber rates. The rates will start at $2.48 per subscriber starting in 2018, with moderate annual increases if approved. […] The post SoundExchange Submits Rates Proposal for 2018 Until 2022 appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Want to Increase SoundCloud Plays? Here Are 11 Great Tools - October 24, 2016
Here are 10 useful tools you can use to get more SoundCloud plays right now. And take over the airwaves of Planet Earth sooner than you thought possible! The following deep dive into SoundCloud plays comes from SMMGuide.co. Sam Zavedi has served as a SM Strategist for Fortune 500 companies and start-ups from across the […] The post Want to Increase SoundCloud Plays? Here Are 11 Great Tools appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Unauthorized Facebook Videos Help to Sell More Music, Study Shows - October 24, 2016
How important are fan-created, unauthorized Facebook videos to artist careers? Now, we have a much better idea. As the music industry battles with Facebook over royalties and what’s fair, there’s always been this lingering question. How important are Facebook videos to artist careers, anyway? And more importantly, how important are fan-created, unauthorized videos to artist […] The post Unauthorized Facebook Videos Help to Sell More Music, Study Shows appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Looking for Employees? Do What Goldman Sachs Does: Use Spotify - October 24, 2016
Looking for employees? Forget LinkedIn. Why not try Spotify? Goldmach Sachs Group is using Spotify to recruit millennials, according to reports. They’ve recently started running job advertisements on Spotify free. They’re apparently reaching out to Millenials, or young potential employees. The advertisements come in both audio messages and banner ads. The audio says, “It’s a […] The post Looking for Employees? Do What Goldman Sachs Does: Use Spotify appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Is Google Behind the Recent Firing at the U.S. Copyrights Office? - October 24, 2016
Looks like someone got the axe at the Copyrights Office thanks to Google. Maria Pallante was abrupt removed from the U.S. Register of Copyrights early Friday morning. The change was made by the Librarian of Congress, Carla Hayden. Billboard reported that she wasn’t fired, per se. Officially, Pallante has merely changed office. She’s now a […] The post Is Google Behind the Recent Firing at the U.S. Copyrights Office? appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Why Kanye West Just DOUBLED Next Year’s Grammys Ratings - October 24, 2016
Kanye West is now threatening to boycott the Grammys because Frank Ocean wasn’t nominated. Here’s how the Grammy Awards can use this drama to DOUBLE their ratings. As the global panic subsides following robbery of Kanye West’s girlfriend, another drop-shipment of drama has arrived. During a recent tirade from his suspended stage on the Life […] The post Why Kanye West Just DOUBLED Next Year’s Grammys Ratings appeared first on Digital Music News.
- The Music Business Week in Review - October 23, 2016
Last week, Amazon was on top. This week, however, a fight between longtime musician David Lowery and musician Ari Herstand flared up at DMN. Researchers also found freelance musicians more likely to be on medication. Bob Dylan refused once again any acknowledgement of the Nobel Prize. Here’s the music business week in review. Monday kicked […] The post The Music Business Week in Review appeared first on Digital Music News.
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Wireless Headphones from Dying - October 21, 2016
It’s coming: a dark world of desperate, wireless headphone zombies. Battling for the sole plug at Starbucks, killing their neighbor just to drown out the noise for 5 minutes more. Here’s how you can survive. Wireless headphones have a lot of advantages. They also have tons of horrible disadvantages, most notably running out of power. […] The post 5 Ways to Keep Your Wireless Headphones from Dying appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Bob Dylan Definitely Gives Zero F*(ks About His Nobel Prize - October 21, 2016
“People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.” – Bob Dylan The above words penned by Bob Dylan have never been truer, especially for the singer-songwriter himself. Five days after Dylan received the coveted Nobel Prize in Literature, his website finally acknowledged the prize. However, it took less than […] The post Bob Dylan Definitely Gives Zero F*(ks About His Nobel Prize appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Imogen Heap’s ‘Happy Song’ Scientifically Proven to Make Babies Happy - October 21, 2016
‘The Happy Song’ includes audio elements and sounds measured to produce happiness in infants. Imogen Jennifer Heap, better known as just Imogen Heap, has plenty of reasons to smile. The Grammy award-winning artist’s song, The Happy Song, has reached first place in the iTunes Children’s Music Song Charts. The Happy Song is the first-ever song […] The post Imogen Heap’s ‘Happy Song’ Scientifically Proven to Make Babies Happy appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Moore & Giles and Crosley Radio Announce Limited Edition C10 Leather Turntable - October 21, 2016
Moore & Giles Leather + Crosley Radio C10 = a new leather turntable with a nice finish. Moore & Giles sells leather. Not just any leather, however. According to their website, they only sell the finest leather from their huge collection. What does this have to do with music? Great question. Moore & Giles has […] The post Moore & Giles and Crosley Radio Announce Limited Edition C10 Leather Turntable appeared first on Digital Music News.
Recommendations: Tubi TV
- Dead or Alive's Pete Burns Dies at 57 - October 24, 2016
The "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" singer died Sunday of a "massive cardiac arrest," according to a statement posted to his verified Twitter account. read more
- American Music Awards: Sting to Receive Award of Merit, Perform Medley - October 24, 2016
The honor is presented to artists "who have made truly exceptional contributions to the music industry." read more
- Justin Bieber Walks Offstage During Manchester Concert After Urging Fans to Stop Screaming - October 24, 2016
"I don't think it's necessary when I'm trying to say something and you guys are screaming." read more
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Due in December - October 23, 2016
He made the announcement on on Sunday night's OVO Sound radio episode, promising to drop new tracks later in the show. read more
- Kanye West Says He Won't Attend Grammy Awards If Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated - October 23, 2016
“I’ll tell you this right now, if his album is not nominated in no categories, I’m not showing up to the Grammys,” West told concertgoers Saturday during his show in Oakland, Calif. read more
- Watch Taylor Swift Perform "This Is What You Came For" at Formula 1 Concert - October 23, 2016
She surprised the audience with her first-ever live performance of the hit Calvin Harris/Rihanna single that she co-wrote. read more
- Taylor Swift Speaks of Feeling "Violated" in Deposition for Alleged DJ-Groping Lawsuit - October 22, 2016
Swift’s security team accused Denver radio DJ David Mueller of grabbing her inappropriately while they posed for a photo backstage. read more
- Family of Prince's "Brother" Duane Nelson Sr. Fights for Piece of $300M Estate - October 22, 2016
The late icon and Duane Nelson Sr., who died in 2011, were not blood-related. read more
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Get in "Formation" for Beyonce Parody Video - October 21, 2016
The two are set to co-star in a still-untitled mother-daughter comedy, directed by Jonathan Levine. read more
- Weird Al Yankovic Debuts 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women' Presidential Debates Spoof Video - October 21, 2016
"We have so many adversaries overseas/ Can we all agree to be frenemies?" read more
- Cher Updates Her Biggest Hit As "I Got You Bae" With James Corden - October 21, 2016
"Well I don't know if all that's true, 'cause you swiped me and, baby, I swiped you." read more
- Listen to Lady Gaga's New Album 'Joanne' - October 21, 2016
Little Monsters rejoice! read more
- Harold Vick: Steppin' Out - October 25, 2016
To pay the bills and gain experience in the 1950s, a surprising number of jazz saxophonists began their careers in R&B bands. The list is too long to run out here but it includes John Coltrane, Benny Golson, Stanley Turrentine,... Related Stories Brother Jack Meets the Boss Video: Sonny Rollins, 1959 Al Cohn and Dexter Gordon
- Four Anita O'Day Videos - October 24, 2016
Today, four videos of Anita O'Day—a couple that recently went up at YouTube and a couple of gems that have been up there for a while. All are out, way out... Here's Fly Me to the Moon... Here's 'S Wonderful......
- Weekend Wax Bits - October 22, 2016
The countdown continues. Only a week and a day until Nov. 1, when my new book, Anatomy of a Song, is published by Grove Press. I did several major print interviews this past week (I'll alert you when they appear),...
Horror Movies |Fandango
- Mark Twain Prize: Bill Murray Accepts Nation's Top Humor Award - October 24, 2016
Bill Murray received the 2016 Mark Twain Prize Sunday evening at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. He was gently roasted by friends and fellow comics, and he was droll and deadpan and heartfelt.
- In 'Fire At Sea,' Glimpse The Migrant Crisis From The Heart Of Mediterranean - October 23, 2016
Filmmaker Gianfranco Rosi talks about his documentary Fire at Sea. The film tells the story of the ongoing migrant crisis as experienced by residents of Lampedusa, an island off the coast of Sicily.
- 'Moonlight': A Film About A Black Man's Coming-Of-Age In South Florida - October 21, 2016
NPR's Kelly McEvers talks to actor Mahershala Ali about the complex and nuanced ways his characters exemplify black masculinity - particularly in the new film, 'Moonlight.'
- 'Moonlight': A Cinematic Poem Of Love, Loneliness And Coming Out - October 21, 2016
The most rewarding coming-of-age film in many a moon, lyrically luminous Moonlight is the story of a gay African-American youngster in Miami who experiences trouble, trauma and unexpected grace.
- '13th' Maps The Road From Slavery To Mass Incarceration - October 21, 2016
Ava DuVernay's new film takes its name from the amendment that abolished slavery, but allowed for prisoner servitude. Critic John Powers says 13th puts forth a searing interpretation of U.S. history.
- To Make 'Hate Rising,' Jorge Ramos Spent Time With Hate Groups - October 21, 2016
Renee Montagne talks to Univision anchor Jorge Ramos, who traveled the country to make his film Hate Rising — meeting with KKK members and white nationalists and others.
- A Melancholy Youth Finds Himself Under The Heavenly Glow Of 'Moonlight' - October 20, 2016
In Barry Jenkins' incandescent coming-of-age tale, three different actors cover three phases in the life of an African-American who takes a wayward path into manhood.
- 'Keeping Up' With These Suburban Spies Is All Too Easy - October 20, 2016
Zach Galifianakis loses his edge in a Mr. and Mrs. Smith knockoff that strands a gifted cast in a bland cul-de-sac spy adventure.
- With A Second 'Jack Reacher,' Tom Cruise Finally Exceeds His Grasp - October 20, 2016
After a five-year winning streak as Hollywood reigning action hero, Tom Cruise falls back to earth with a can't-miss sequel that misses.
- Save The Ruby Slippers: Smithsonian Seeks Funds To Preserve Dorothy's Shoes - October 20, 2016
The National Museum of American History says it will cost $300,000 to protect the aging shoes from The Wizard of Oz. A Kickstarter campaign launched three days ago has already raised nearly $200,000.
Comic Book Movies
GD Star Rating
Lena Horne sings the song that made her a huge star. “Stormy Weather”.
GD Star Rating