SELECT BLOG CATEGORY
SELECT ARCHIVE MO./YR.
SEARCH MY BLOG!
Classic Soulful Bits Radio!!
Soul Bashment Radio!!
See All My Classic Tweets
Napster’s Blog News
- This Week’s New Music: Sept. 23, 2016 - September 24, 2016
The Weeknd: “Starboy” For those jonesing for new music from The Weeknd, the fix came this week with the surprise release of “Starboy.” The... The post This Week’s New Music: Sept. 23, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- This Week’s New Music: Sept. 16, 2016 - September 16, 2016
You know fall is here when the singles and albums start dropping nearly as fast as the leaves. We’ve gathered up a handful of... The post This Week’s New Music: Sept. 16, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- Exclusive: KT Tunstall Live Performance - September 13, 2016
Two years ago, KT Tunstall thought she was done with music. Not that she’d never again play guitar or sing, but done playing professionally... The post Exclusive: KT Tunstall Live Performance appeared first on Napster Music News.
- Napster Back to School Contest - September 12, 2016
School is back in session and Napster wants to set you up to do your best! To help you have tunes to study we... The post Napster Back to School Contest appeared first on Napster Music News.
- Introducing: Hi-Res Audio Streaming from Napster - September 1, 2016
New smartphones, wearables and TVs – oh my! Those are just a few of the consumer electronic products expected to be unveiled at IFA... The post Introducing: Hi-Res Audio Streaming from Napster appeared first on Napster Music News.
Stereo Gum: Music News
- Stream Hello Shark Delicate - September 27, 2016
It’s appropriate that Hello Shark’s new album is coming out on Orindal Records, the label started by Advance Base and Casiotone For The Painfully Alone’s Owen Ashworth. The two artists’ trajectories have crossed a number of times over the last few years, and Lincoln Halloran’s solo project owes a lot of its DNA to the […]
- Röyksopp – “Never Ever” (Feat. Susanne Sundfør) Video - September 27, 2016
A few weeks ago, the Norwegian production duo Röyksopp teamed up with singer-songwriter Susanne Sundfør for the new single “Never Ever,” a bright and sticky piece of cheesed-out disco euphoria. Röyksopp themselves directed the song’s brand-new music video, which pushes schtick overload to Tim & Eric levels. In front of a bright, twisting multicolored backdrop […]
- PWR BTTM – “I Wanna Boi” Video - September 27, 2016
PWR BTTM have just shared a video for their Ugly Cherries track “I Wanna Boi.” The song’s about imagining an idealized version of that special someone, and in the video the band’s Liv Bruce puts themselves in a bunch of semi-romantic situations with a blow-up doll. “I wanted to make a music video where I […]
- Peter Doherty – “I Don’t Love Anyone (But You’re Not Just Anyone)” - September 27, 2016
Libertines leader Pete Doherty — ahem, Peter Doherty — just announced a new solo album called Hamburg Demonstrations coming this December. Along with the news comes a single called “I Don’t Love Anyone (But You’re Not Just Anyone),” and as someone whose Libertines fandom was casual at best, I can assure you that this song […]
- Watch The Questlove-Approved Lemon Twigs Play Fallon - September 27, 2016
Long Island brother duo the Lemon Twigs are set to release their debut album, Do Hollywood, next month. They have retro-leaning sensibilities that bode well for ’70s singer-songwriter type ballads, but they also have a versatility that updates their sound. Their ability to switch things up was on full display for their television debut on […]
- Spock: Half-Vulcan. Half-Human. All Outsider Role Model. - September 27, 2016
A documentary by Adam Nimoy explores how his father’s “Star Trek” character, Spock, provided inspiration to those who saw themselves as different.
- Bill Nunn, Who Played Radio Raheem in ‘Do the Right Thing,’ Dies at 63 - September 27, 2016
Mr. Nunn starred in several movies by the director Spike Lee, but he made his greatest mark in the 1989 role as Radio Raheem.
- Memo From Brazil: Brazilian Politics Smother a Film’s Oscar Ambitions - September 27, 2016
A government panel rejected the critically acclaimed “Aquarius,” starring Sonia Braga, as Brazil’s Academy Awards entry, prompting other directors to withdraw their films.
- ‘The Magnificent Seven’ Dominates Weekend North American Box Office - September 26, 2016
Antoine Fuqua’s ethnically diverse remake of the John Sturges classic includes heavy-hitting stars like Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt.
- Curtis Hanson, Director of Wicked Noir ‘L.A. Confidential,’ Dies at 71 - September 26, 2016
The director’s 1997 adaptation of a tough James Ellroy novel earned him an Academy Award, and introduced American moviegoers to Russell Crowe.
- Review: ‘Breaking the Waves’ Lends Musical Heft to a von Trier Tale - September 25, 2016
Opera Philadelphia staged the premiere of this Missy Mazzoli work, adapted from a 1996 film about a woman whose marriage changes after an accident.
- Bobby Breen, a Child Star Who Hit a High Note in the 1930s, Dies at 87 - September 24, 2016
Mr. Breen arrived on the scene as an 8-year-old boy with an angelic face, and was described as “the most alarming vocal phenomenon of the day.”
- Angelina Jolie Turns to Divorce Specialist Laura Wasser - September 24, 2016
This Los Angeles lawyer has helped end marriages for Britney Spears, Kim Kardashian and Johnny Depp.
- This Movie Was Nearly Lost. Now They’re Fighting to Save It. - September 23, 2016
A negative of “Cane River” (1982), which resurfaced two years ago, has connected a disparate group of people across the country.
- Terry Jones of Monty Python Has Dementia, His Family Says - September 23, 2016
The actor, 74, is best known for his roles in the British comedy troupe and as a director or writer of works like “Life of Brian” and “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ and Tim Burton: The Making of a Film Fable - September 23, 2016
For “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children,” based on a novel by Ransom Riggs, Mr. Burton sketched characters and more to create a new world.
- ‘Love in the Afternoon,’ a Tale of Male Restlessness, Back Onscreen - September 23, 2016
Eric Rohmer’s 1972 film, the final one in his cycle “Six Moral Tales,” runs through Thursday.
- Peter Doherty announces new album and single - September 27, 2016
Peter Doherty releases his new album, ‘Hamburg Demonstrations’ through BMG/Clouds Hill on Friday the 2nd December.
- Katy Perry 'jailed' for voting while naked in comedy sketch - September 27, 2016
Katy Perry ends up handcuffs when she thinks she is allowed to wear whatever she wants, including her birthday suit.
- Beyonce and Justin Bieber lead MTV EMA nominations - September 27, 2016
Beyonce lands nominations for Best Video, Best Female, Best Live Act, Biggest Fans and Best Look at the MTV EMAs.
- Madonna defends Rosie O'Donnell after Donald Trump debate slur - September 27, 2016
Rosie O''Donnell, Madonna and a collection of other stars slammed U.S. presidential hopeful Donald Trump after Monday''s debate with Hillary Clinton.
- Beyonce pays tribute to Shawty Lo during gig - September 27, 2016
The superstar was performing on her Formation World Tour in the rapper's hometown of Atlanta, Georgia.
- 50 Cent sued for copyright infringement over TV series Power - September 27, 2016
R. Byron Hord and Curtis Scoon claim 50 Cent stole ideas from their pilot TV script for his show Power.
- Katy Perry shares nude snap as she plans to vote naked - September 27, 2016
Katy Perry is seemingly going to get naked for a sketch to promote Hillary Clinton for U.S. President.
- Robbie Williams candid about squashing wife's dream TV role - September 27, 2016
The former Take That star is thrilled his wife is having success on television in Britain.
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato elevator drama was a prank - September 26, 2016
The former Jonas Brothers star is really close with ex-girlfriend Demi Lovato after their painful split.
- Lil Wayne officiated prison wedding - September 26, 2016
The rap star also discovered pal Drake has slept with an ex-girlfriend while he was behind bars at Rikers Island.
Digital Music News Blog
- YouTube to MP3: Who Are the Biggest Players? - September 27, 2016
YouTube-mp3.org has finally been taken to court. But that’s just one of several YouTube to MP3 giants. So who’s next? But a new study by the University of East Anglia, Lancaster University, and Newcastle University has found that legal threats and lawsuits against pirating sites have had very little impact on music piracy websites. That […] The post YouTube to MP3: Who Are the Biggest Players? appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Despite Losing a $22 Million Lawsuit, MP3 Skull is Back in Full Force - September 27, 2016
It looks like the music industry forgot to nail this coffin shut. Now, MP3 Skull is both an mp3 search engine AND a YouTube to MP3 converter. Despite the music industry’s best efforts to shut down this free MP3 sharing site, MP3 Skull has come back with full force. As of this morning, MP3 Skull […] The post Despite Losing a $22 Million Lawsuit, MP3 Skull is Back in Full Force appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Legal Threats Have Absolutely No Impact on Music Piracy, Study Finds - September 27, 2016
Nearly two decades of legal threats and lawsuits have had little impact on music piracy, a new study finds. Instead, the companies the industry hates — YouTube, SoundCloud, and Spotify — have done the most to save the music business. So why didn’t all those lawsuits work? As the music industry pops the champagne on its best […] The post Legal Threats Have Absolutely No Impact on Music Piracy, Study Finds appeared first on Digital Music News.
- What Millennials Expect from a Live Music Experience - September 26, 2016
Even as digital content and streaming services change the way we listen to music in our day-to- day lives, the live music experience continues to be a major component of the music industry. The following sponsored post comes from the Ticket Liquidator. They’ve got millions of tickets to over 165,000 events. Music, sports, comedy, Ticket Liquidator […] The post What Millennials Expect from a Live Music Experience appeared first on Digital Music News.
- RIAA, IFPI, and BPI File Lawsuit Against Top YouTube to MP3 Site - September 26, 2016
Just say No to Youtube to MP3 ripping. In a joint effort, The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), and the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) have taken Youtube-mp3.org to court. The RIAA announced the action against the service on their own website today. The lawsuit was filed […] The post RIAA, IFPI, and BPI File Lawsuit Against Top YouTube to MP3 Site appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Breaking: Hidden Headphone Jack Found on the iPhone 7 - September 26, 2016
Looks like the iPhone 7 has a standard, 3.5mm jack after all. You just have to access it. About a week and a half ago, a user by the name of TechRax posted a “how-to” video on YouTube supposedly detailing how to enable the missing headphone jack on your iPhone 7. Titled “Secret Hack To […] The post Breaking: Hidden Headphone Jack Found on the iPhone 7 appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Want to Hear the First Ever Recording of Computer Generated Music? - September 26, 2016
Turns out electronic music pre-dates Kraftwerk. In fact, the earliest recording of computer generated music dates back to 1951. Turns out legendary code-cracker Alan Turing did more than just decrypt Axis messages and win world wars. Considered one of the founding fathers of modern computer science and artificial intelligence, Turing was also a pioneer in […] The post Want to Hear the First Ever Recording of Computer Generated Music? appeared first on Digital Music News.
- ‘Nazi Anthem’ Copyright Owner Rips Down YouTube Documentary - September 26, 2016
Not only does someone still own the copyright to the ‘Nazi Anthem,’ they’re still trying to make money off of it. And YouTube is helping them. If you think copyright law has problems, you haven’t seen the ugliness of this latest copyright takedown case. Just last week, the creator of the documentary, You Don’t Know […] The post ‘Nazi Anthem’ Copyright Owner Rips Down YouTube Documentary appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Who Are the Biggest SoundCloud to MP3 Downloaders? - September 26, 2016
Why SoundCloud to MP3 downloaders? Because, convenience, bro. Despite its inherent flaws and those spelling its imminent doom, SoundCloud doesn’t appear to be going anywhere for the foreseeable future. And, when it comes to the roiling debates over stream rippers, looks like SoundCloud has been totally left out. So who are the biggest services to […] The post Who Are the Biggest SoundCloud to MP3 Downloaders? appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Last Week In the Music Business - September 24, 2016
This week in the Music Business: Are vinyl sales going up or are they dying out; Quitting smoking may have weakened Adele’s voice; Shawty Lo died in a tragic car accident; and Facebook messed up big time on their video metrics. Our music business weekly roundup… Monday Monday kicked off with some strange hissing noises. […] The post Last Week In the Music Business appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Adele Says That Giving Up Smoking Has Made Her Voice Weaker - September 23, 2016
Smoking can kill. But can it actually help your vocal chords? British singer and songwriter Adele believes that giving up smoking may actually have harmed her singing voice. She spoke with Canada’s eTalk platform and jokingly said, “The people with the best voices, they always smoke. I’ve given up smoking and I’m convinced that’s made […] The post Adele Says That Giving Up Smoking Has Made Her Voice Weaker appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Mac Miller Just Played His Best Show Ever In LA [Exclusive Photos] - September 23, 2016
It was a short-n-sweet set by Mac Miller at MTV’s Wonderland warehouse venue in downtown Los Angeles. Actually, it was just four songs. But the live band was tight, Mac Miller was entirely relaxed, and the crowd was low-key. MTV cameras were everywhere, with graffiti’d up Imperial Studios serving as an offbeat set and stage. […] The post Mac Miller Just Played His Best Show Ever In LA [Exclusive Photos] appeared first on Digital Music News.
Recommendations: Tubi TV
- Bruce Springsteen Joined on Stage with Bob Seger in Detroit, Condemns Anti-LGBT Laws - April 15, 2016
"We hope the bill doesn't pass, 'cause we love playing in Michigan," said Springsteen. read more
- Tribeca: Patti Smith Explains Why Acting "Is the Worst F—ing Job in the World" - April 14, 2016
During a Tribeca Film Festival talk, the rock legend and Ethan Hawke discussed how they measure success and what they love about Vincent D'Onofrio: "We should be giving awards to that guy!" read more
- TV's Most "Shazam-ed" Songs in March 2016 - April 14, 2016
Wonder what song that is still stuck in your head from last night's episode? These are the most Shazam-ed songs from TV in March.
- Kelly Clarkson Welcomes a Baby Boy - April 14, 2016
Remington Alexander Blackstock is here. read more
- Ruling Clears Way for Katy Perry to Buy Hilltop Convent - April 14, 2016
A judge determined that attempts by members of an order of elderly nuns to sell the property to an L.A. businesswoman were improper. read more
- Country Artists Condemn LGBT Laws, But Labels Remain Silent - April 14, 2016
Their silence underscores a divide between the creative class of artists who can use their platform to speak out and an industry that must be careful about taking a position. read more
- 'The Voice' Reveals Top 12 - April 14, 2016
The coaches could choose one of their bottom artists to advance. read more
- Ringo Starr Cancels North Carolina Concert Over Anti-Gay Bill - April 13, 2016
The former Beatles' drummer joins Bruce Springsteen in canceling his upcoming show over the recent legislation. read more
- Ice Cube: "Donald Trump Is What Americans Aspire to Be" - April 13, 2016
"Rich, powerful, do what you wanna do, say what you wanna say, be how you wanna be — that’s kind of been like the American dream," the rapper told Bloomberg about the presidential candidate's appeal. read more
- Big Ears Fest Closes With Xylophone and Air-Raid Siren-Assisted Experimental Piece - April 13, 2016
- Cher Says She's Now Torn Between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders - April 13, 2016
The singer tweeted that after a "marathon research" session she realized Bernie Sanders mirrors her own beliefs. read more
- Controversy Over Pre-1972 Sound Recordings Certified to New York Appeals Court - April 13, 2016
The 2nd Circuit says it needs guidance on whether state law gives copyright holders performance rights. read more
- Wes Montgomery: Interview '68 - September 27, 2016
People in Jazz was a TV show that aired briefly in 1967 and '68 in Detroit and was hosted by Jim Rockwell, a local jazz radio disc jockey on WABX-FM. In early 1968, shortly before Wes Montgomery's death in June...
- Jan Lundgren: Styne and Young - September 26, 2016
In 2001 and 2002, Swedish pianist Jan Lundgren released songbook tributes to Jule Styne and Victor Young, respectively, featuring his trio and special guests. Within a few years, the prized releases, recorded in Copenhagen on the Sittel label, disappeared and... Related Stories 21 New CD Discoveries Jan Lundgren: A Retrospective Weekend Wax Bits
- Weekend Wax Bits - September 24, 2016
In The Wall Street Journal this week, I interviewed Jewel on her journey from rock bottom to rock star (go here). It's a harrowing tale of survival after being rejected by her mother as a child, dealing with a gruff...
Horror Movies |Fandango
- Acting For Film Or Acting For Life? Doc Tells Story Of Kim Jong Il's Captives - September 27, 2016
The North Korean leader was so crazy about movies that he kidnapped a South Korean actress and director and forced them to work for him. The Lovers and the Despot tells their story.
- New Law Will Require IMDB To Remove Actors' Ages If Requested - September 26, 2016
California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill into law that will require websites like IMDB Pro to remove the ages of actors and others listed on the site if asked by them to do so.
- 'Deepwater Horizon' Director On The BP Oil Spill And The 'Addictive Dance' For Fuel - September 26, 2016
Peter Berg discusses his new film, which recreates the final hours of the oil rig that exploded and sank, causing the BP oil spill. Eleven rig workers died trying to prevent the disaster.
- Ugandan Actress's Journey Mirrors That Of Her 'Queen Of Katwe' Character - September 23, 2016
Like her chess champion character, first-time film actress Madina Nalwanga grew up in a poor neighborhood in Uganda. She says co-star Lupita Nyong'o has been her guide to the world of moviemaking.
- 'Audrie & Daisy' Explores Social Media Shaming After Sexual Assaults - September 23, 2016
NPR's Kelly McEvers talks to co-directors and husband and wife duo, Bonni Cohen and Jon Shenk, about their documentary, Audrie & Daisy. The documentary addresses the sexual assault — and ensuing social media shaming — of two high [...]
- It's Hard to Tell Who's Shooting Whom In 'The Magnificent Seven' - September 23, 2016
Critic David Edelstein says that despite its irresistible plot, Antoine Fuqua's remake of the 1960 classic Western is ultimately "just another formula revenge picture."
- This Freshly Diverse 'Seven' Ups The Firepower - September 23, 2016
The Magnificent Seven is a remake of a movie that's already a remake that's updated in both casting and body count.
- Movie Reviews: 'Magnificent Seven' And 'Storks' - September 23, 2016
David Greene talks to Justin Chang about two movies out this week: the remake of The Magnificent Seven and the animated children's picture Storks. Chang is film critic for the Los Angeles Times.
- 'The Magnificent Seven': Because 'The Pretty Good Seven' Didn't Test Well - September 22, 2016
I Haven't Seen The First Six Yet! Director Antoine Fuqua remakes the classic 1960 Western; our critic calls it a "fun but nonessential" example of "high-grade pulp."
- Kate Winslet Wreaks Bespoke Vengeance In 'The Dressmaker' - September 22, 2016
Kate Winslet plays a woman with designs to punish the townsfolk who once wronged her in this tonally confused Australian comedy.
Comic Book Movies
GD Star Rating
Lena Horne sings the song that made her a huge star. “Stormy Weather”.
GD Star Rating