SELECT BLOG CATEGORY
SELECT ARCHIVE MO./YR.
SEARCH MY BLOG!
See All My Classic Tweets
Rhapsody’s Blog News
- Music Lover’s Guide to The City of Angels - May 3, 2016
Los Angeles is a place of luminous beauty juxtaposed with Hollywood’s “Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” It’s a mixed bag where substance belies shallow, red... The post Music Lover’s Guide to The City of Angels appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- Forever Young: 40 Musicians Over 40 - May 2, 2016
“Hope I die before I get old,” Pete Townshend mused on “My Generation” in 1965. Not likely. In fact, rock music hasn’t been the... The post Forever Young: 40 Musicians Over 40 appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- Brian Eno’s ‘The Ship’ and a Look at His 45-Year Career - April 29, 2016
Brian Eno’s music is intuitive and bears all the blue-eyed intellect of its creator. It’s meant for reflection, sometimes wearing a beret, or sometimes... The post Brian Eno’s ‘The Ship’ and a Look at His 45-Year Career appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- Dave Matthews Band’s ‘Crash’ Turns 20 - April 28, 2016
Generally speaking, a rock band’s best-selling album is also their most pop-oriented. Optimized for mass appeal, it’s the record with the catchiest tunes, most... The post Dave Matthews Band’s ‘Crash’ Turns 20 appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- Daptone Records Delivers the World’s Best Soul Music - April 27, 2016
Daptone Records may be the most distinctive imprint in soul music. The name itself is shorthand for a readily identifiable rhythm & blues stitched... The post Daptone Records Delivers the World’s Best Soul Music appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
Stereo Gum: Music News
- Frameworks – “Tangled” (Stereogum Premiere) - May 5, 2016
After releasing their “Time Spent” 7″ earlier this year, the Gainesville post-hardcore band Frameworks are coming back this summer with their sophomore album Smother. The new album follows the bruising 2014 debut Loom, and it’s their first full-length for the great heavy-music label Deathwish, Inc. First single “Tangled” is an absolute beast of a song, […]
- Arsenio Hall Sues Sinead O’Connor For $5M For Claiming He Was Prince’s Drug Dealer - May 5, 2016
Sinead O’Connor recently accused Arsenio Hall of fueling his good friend Prince’s drug habit, which led to the artist’s death. According to TMZ, Hall has responded to the tune of a $5 million defamation lawsuit. The funnyman’s lawyers, Marty Singer and Lynda Goldman, filed a suit this morning in which the comedian calls O’Connor a […]
- Percocet Identified In Prince Autopsy, Criminal Investigation Of Prescribers Underway - May 5, 2016
The details coming from Prince’s sudden, untimely death have been increasingly harrowing. Yesterday, reports surfaced that Prince was seeking help for opioid and cocaine addictions. He had been planning to meet with Dr. Howard Kornfeld, a specialist in opioid addiction treatment. The night before Prince died, his representatives called Kornfeld, telling him that Prince was […]
- James Blake’s New Album The Colour In Anything Out Tonight, Hear Three New Tracks - May 5, 2016
James Blake has been hinting at details about his third album for well over a year now — first it was called Radio Silence, now it’s officially going to be called The Colour In Anything. Turns out we won’t have to wait for long to hear the whole thing — Blake came on Annie Mac’s […]
- Drake “Sold” 1.2M Copies Of Views Only Thanks To Old “Hotline Bling” Streams - May 5, 2016
Last October, Drake’s “Hotline Bling” just missed topping the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart because of an unusual technicality: The viral clip was initially released exclusively on Apple Music, whose video-streaming data was not shared with Billboard. Now, Drake’s label, Republic Records, is relying on another unusual technicality to skew the numbers regarding the Toronto […]
- Review: In ‘Dark Horse,’ a Real-Life Steeplechase Champion Inspires a Town - May 5, 2016
Subtitled “The Incredible True Story of Dream Alliance,” this documentary recounts the rise of a foal who restored a Welsh village’s spirits.
- How Sumner Redstone Went From Army Cryptographer to Media Mogul - May 5, 2016
Mr. Redstone, who ceded chairman posts at CBS and Viacom, proved one of the most voluble titans in an industry full of outsize personalities like Rupert Murdoch and Barry Diller.
- Review: In ‘Captain America: Civil War,’ Super-Bro Against Super-Bro - May 5, 2016
“Captain America: Civil War” does not in any way transcend the conventions of the genre. On the contrary: it succeeds because it doesn’t really try.
- ‘A Bigger Splash’: Sex and Angst and Rock ’n’ Roll - May 5, 2016
The Italian director Luca Guadagnino places four people on a beautiful island, and all of their senses are pushed to the extreme.
- Anna Karina Recalls Her Life in Film With Jean-Luc Godard - May 4, 2016
The Danish-born model turned actress was married to the French director and was his muse and leading lady.
- Rebecca Miller Is Brainy, and Very, Very Funny - May 4, 2016
Ms. Miller’s latest film, “Maggie’s Plan,” focuses on a young woman who wants to arrange her own pregnancy — hold the man.
- Review: ‘Sin Alas’ Opens Up a Time Capsule in a Changing Havana - May 3, 2016
This Ben Chace film, shot in Cuba before a recent diplomatic thaw, centers on a writer and a dancer from his past.
- Critic's Notebook: Sick of Popcorn Movies? Straub-Huillet Retrospective Offers an Antidote - May 3, 2016
This MoMA show features over 45 films from Jean-Marie Straub and Danièle Huillet, who said they made their movies “so that audiences can walk out of them.”
- Review: ‘A Bigger Splash,’ With a Speechless Tilda Swinton, Is Ready for Its Close-Up - May 3, 2016
This film, filled with beautiful people, is a reluctant thriller about a rock star, her current lover, her former lover and a pretty young thing.
- Movie Listings for April 29-May 5 - May 3, 2016
A guide to movies playing at theaters in the New York City area, as well as select festivals and film series.
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Not Appearing in This Movie - May 2, 2016
An advocacy group’s survey of 126 films released last year found that just 22 contained L.G.B.T. characters, many used only for punch lines.
- Social Capital: The Fitness Anti-Guru: On Goldie Hawn’s Instagram - May 2, 2016
Hawn’s Instagram portrays a serious commitment to fitness by an extremely unserious person.
- 50 Cent donates $100,000 to autism charity - May 5, 2016
The rapper digs deep to make amends for his insensitive remark.
- Kanye West's bodyguard attacks 'self-absorbed' rapper after Met Ball mix-up - May 5, 2016
The former member of the rapper's security detail thinks the hip hop star is the most egocentric person he's ever met.
- Drake sells over a million albums in six days - May 5, 2016
DRAKE has sold over one million albums of his fourth full-length release — Views in less than six days.
- Zayn Malik 'eyes matching homes for himself and Gigi Hadid' - May 5, 2016
Zayn Malik allegedly wants to live with girlfriend Gigi Hadid to cement their relationship.
- NHS Choir sign Hollywood movie deal - May 5, 2016
The UK’s smash-hit NHS Choir is set to star in a Hollywood movie charting the incredible story of the Lewisham and Greenwich hospital
- Demi Lovato blasts 'embarrassing' online trolls - May 5, 2016
Demi Lovato took to Twitter for a lengthy rant on Thursday (05May16) after being targeted by online trolls.
- 'Pregnant' Janet Jackson drops Dammn Baby video - May 5, 2016
Janet Jackson has dropped the music video for her new track ironically titled Dammn Baby amid reports she's pregnant with her first child.
- Andrea Bocelli to perform for premier league champions Leicester City - May 5, 2016
World-renowned tenor and football fan Andrea Bocelli will be giving a unique performance before Leicester City’s next match on Saturday 7th May
- The Rolling Stones order Donald Trump to quit using their songs - May 5, 2016
Donald Trump has used The Rolling Stones Start Me Up, You Can’t Always Get What You Want and Brown Sugar at rallies on the campaign trail and the Stones want him to stop.
- Gwen Stefani: 'Blake Shelton is like a facelift!' - May 5, 2016
George Clooney sang along with Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl as he and Julia Roberts joined her as surprise guests in Carpool Karaoke on Wednesday night (04May16).
Recommendations: Tubi TV
Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Rock Hall POV: Director of Collections Jun Francisco - May 3, 2016
Rock Hall POV: Director of Collections Jun Francisco
- Your Family Values Are Destroying Rock & Roll - April 28, 2016
Your Family Values Are Destroying Rock & Roll
- The Genius of Michael Jackson - April 18, 2016
The Genius of Michael Jackson
- Essential Listening from the 2016 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees - April 8, 2016
Essential Listening from the 2016 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Tragedy and Mystery on Tour with Deep Purple in 1975 - April 5, 2016
Tragedy and Mystery on Tour with Deep Purple in 1975
- 30 Years Later: Metallica's "Master of Puppets" Still Badass - March 3, 2016
30 Years Later: Metallica's "Master of Puppets" Still Badass
- 808: How a Hugely Flawed Piece of 80s Tech Forever Changed Music - February 25, 2016
808: How a Hugely Flawed Piece of 80s Tech Forever Changed Music
- Kurt Cobain Talks Guns, Religion, Fame in 1991 Interview - February 19, 2016
Kurt Cobain Talks Guns, Religion, Fame in 1991 Interview
- A Rare Moment with the Late Paul Kantner - February 15, 2016
A Rare Moment with the Late Paul Kantner
- Sam Cooke's magnum opus "A Change Is Gonna Come" - February 9, 2016
Sam Cooke's magnum opus "A Change Is Gonna Come"
- Hip-Hop Artist Casey Veggies Gets Personal - February 2, 2016
Hip-Hop Artist Casey Veggies Gets Personal
- Elle King Visits Rock Hall to see Dress on Display - February 2, 2016
Elle King Visits Rock Hall to see Dress on Display
- Bruce Springsteen Joined on Stage with Bob Seger in Detroit, Condemns Anti-LGBT Laws - April 15, 2016
"We hope the bill doesn't pass, 'cause we love playing in Michigan," said Springsteen. read more
- Tribeca: Patti Smith Explains Why Acting "Is the Worst F—ing Job in the World" - April 14, 2016
During a Tribeca Film Festival talk, the rock legend and Ethan Hawke discussed how they measure success and what they love about Vincent D'Onofrio: "We should be giving awards to that guy!" read more
- TV's Most "Shazam-ed" Songs in March 2016 - April 14, 2016
Wonder what song that is still stuck in your head from last night's episode? These are the most Shazam-ed songs from TV in March.
- Kelly Clarkson Welcomes a Baby Boy - April 14, 2016
Remington Alexander Blackstock is here. read more
- Ruling Clears Way for Katy Perry to Buy Hilltop Convent - April 14, 2016
A judge determined that attempts by members of an order of elderly nuns to sell the property to an L.A. businesswoman were improper. read more
- Country Artists Condemn LGBT Laws, But Labels Remain Silent - April 14, 2016
Their silence underscores a divide between the creative class of artists who can use their platform to speak out and an industry that must be careful about taking a position. read more
- 'The Voice' Reveals Top 12 - April 14, 2016
The coaches could choose one of their bottom artists to advance. read more
- Ringo Starr Cancels North Carolina Concert Over Anti-Gay Bill - April 13, 2016
The former Beatles' drummer joins Bruce Springsteen in canceling his upcoming show over the recent legislation. read more
- Ice Cube: "Donald Trump Is What Americans Aspire to Be" - April 13, 2016
"Rich, powerful, do what you wanna do, say what you wanna say, be how you wanna be — that’s kind of been like the American dream," the rapper told Bloomberg about the presidential candidate's appeal. read more
- Big Ears Fest Closes With Xylophone and Air-Raid Siren-Assisted Experimental Piece - April 13, 2016
- Cher Says She's Now Torn Between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders - April 13, 2016
The singer tweeted that after a "marathon research" session she realized Bernie Sanders mirrors her own beliefs. read more
- Controversy Over Pre-1972 Sound Recordings Certified to New York Appeals Court - April 13, 2016
The 2nd Circuit says it needs guidance on whether state law gives copyright holders performance rights. read more
- Fran Jeffries: the Sixties - May 5, 2016
Many talented pop singers who were young adults in the mid-1960s ran into career trouble. Most had come up in the late 1950s hoping to follow in the footsteps of Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole and Peggy Lee, but the...
- Richard 'Groove' Holmes: 1980 - May 4, 2016
If you were to wander into a club on the Chitlin' Circuit in the 1960s, you'd likely hear music by any number of organists like Richard "Groove" Holmes leading a trio or quartet. Here are a series of videos posted...
- Bill Charlap: Notes From N.Y. - May 3, 2016
Bill Charlap is among the few jazz pianists today who refuse to treat the piano like a muscle car. Rather than peeling out on the keyboard, song after song, Bill is gentle and tender, providing the listener with plenty of...
Horror Movies |Fandango
- 'Captain America' Is Trending In Nigeria But You Might Be Surprised Why - May 5, 2016
Nigerian netizens are using the hashtag #CaptainAmericaInNigeria as a vehicle for cheeky social and political commentary.
- Captain America, Aaron Burr, And The Politics Of Killing Your Friends - May 5, 2016
Captain America: Civil War drops some of the politics of the comics on which it's based, but it tells a different, equally current political story.
- Theaters Welcome Another Superhero Movie: 'Captain America: Civil War' - May 5, 2016
Captain America: Civil War is the latest offering from the Marvel universe and it's a thriller with strong political themes. It already opened overseas and has brought in more than $200 million.
- From 'Once' To 'Sing Street': Director John Carney Infuses Movies With Music - May 4, 2016
The Irish director and screenwriter talks to Fresh Air's Ann Marie Baldonado about his new film, which tells the story of a young teenager in 1980s Dublin who discovers pop music and starts a band.
- Hollywood Rediscovers Cuba: Is It Too Soon To Call It Havanawood? - May 4, 2016
Fast & Furious 8 is the second U.S. movie, and the first big-budget Hollywood film, to be shot in Cuba since the recent improvement of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- 'Viva': Seeking A Spot In Havana's Spotlight - May 2, 2016
Viva is a father-son drama from Havana — one of the first from Cuba to be commercially released in the U.S. in decades.
- Disney Releases 100th 'Original Movie,' A Millennial Favorite - May 1, 2016
Disney announced the release date for its 100th Disney Channel Original Movie. NPR's Rachel Martin sits down with Buzzfeed Entertainment's Jaimie Etkin to discuss the cultural legacy of the series.
- Ricky Gervais On Controversial Jokes, Celebrities And 'Special Correspondents' - May 1, 2016
"I didn't go out there to ruin everyone's day or undermine the moral fabric of America. I was making jokes." Gervais talked with NPR's Rachel Martin about his new movie and how he approaches humor.
- Rob And Nick Reiner Say 'Being Charlie' Is 'Drawn From Our Lives' - April 30, 2016
Being Charlie is a new film about addiction in a Hollywood family. It's a story director Rob Reiner and his son, writer Nick Reiner, say they know well because of their own family's struggles.
- A White House Meeting Brings Together 2 Lost Souls In 'Elvis & Nixon' - April 29, 2016
A new film imagines what happened when Elvis Presley met President Nixon on Dec. 21, 1970. Film critic David Edelstein says Elvis & Nixon "shows the crazy-making insulation of celebrity."
Comic Book Movies
Monthly Archives: November 2008
Lena Horne sings the song that made her a huge star. “Stormy Weather”.