SELECT BLOG CATEGORY
SELECT ARCHIVE MO./YR.
SEARCH MY BLOG!
See All My Classic Tweets
Rhapsody’s Blog News
- Grammys: Why Fetty Wap Deserves an Award - February 11, 2016
When Fetty Wap aims to win two awards for his ubiquitous smash hit “Trap Queen” at the 2016 Grammy Awards on February 15, he’ll... The post Grammys: Why Fetty Wap Deserves an Award appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- Diiv Evokes a Bygone Alt-Rock Era - February 9, 2016
Is the Is Are, the second album from Zachary Cole Smith’s band DIIV is a music box of blurry guitar pop, evoking bygone alt-rock... The post Diiv Evokes a Bygone Alt-Rock Era appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- Grammys: Courtney Barnett, the Reluctant Star - February 9, 2016
Eccentric, wordy and spontaneous, confessional and sometimes inappropriate, charming and self-effacing, singer/songwriter Courtney Barnett seems the sort of artist who wouldn’t be up for... The post Grammys: Courtney Barnett, the Reluctant Star appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- Grammys: Sleater-Kinney Unjustly Snubbed - February 9, 2016
A lot has happened to the members of Sleater-Kinney since the band decided to take a hiatus in 2006. Singer/guitarist Corin Tucker released a pair... The post Grammys: Sleater-Kinney Unjustly Snubbed appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- Grammys: Underdog Mark Ronson Deserves to Win - February 7, 2016
Soul music dominates the patchwork ensemble of 2016’s Record of the Year Grammy nominees: Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars for “Uptown Special,” “Really Love”... The post Grammys: Underdog Mark Ronson Deserves to Win appeared first on Rhapsody Music News.
- James Woods Clears Hurdle in Effort to Unmask Twitter User - February 11, 2016
A judge declined this week to put an end to Mr. Woods’s case against an anonymous user that Twitter has refused to identify.
- The Carpetbagger: Below the Line: A Daily Ordeal in the Makeup Chair - February 11, 2016
The star of “The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared” spent 4½ hours a day being transformed. The designers explain how.
- Oscar’s Heart May Be in Hollywood, but His Accent Is British - February 11, 2016
Fully half of this year’s acting nominees come from Commonwealth countries.
- Review: In ‘Zoolander 2,’ All Is Still Vanity - February 11, 2016
Ben Stiller’s Derek Zoolander, 15 years later, is forever pursing his lips, striking poses and practicing his telekinetic blue-steel glare.
- Review: ‘Deadpool,’ a Sardonic Supervillain on a Kill Mission - February 11, 2016
This eager-to-please comic-book movie, starring Ryan Reynolds and directed by Tim Miller, is the latest entry in the Marvel universe.
- Red Carpet Watch: Rachel McAdams Tries Short Hair, Sheer Textures and Elie Saab - February 11, 2016
The more avant-garde the outfit, the sharper the actress looks, thanks to a fit figure and edgy coif. As long as she stays away from the paillettes.
- ArtsBeat: Berlin Film Festival Includes a Focus on Immigration and Refugees - February 11, 2016
“Hail, Caesar” will open the event, but films with weightier subject matter are on the agenda. Meryl Streep is presiding over the Berlinale.
- The Carpetbagger: Coaching Stars to Avoid a ‘Racist Against Whites’ Moment - February 10, 2016
Last year, the biggest things Oscar nominees had to worry about were questions about fashion; this year, diversity is the hot topic.
- Spotlight: Director Brings Bedouin Culture to the Big Screen - February 10, 2016
A conversation with Naji Abu Nowar.
- The Carpetbagger: Behind the Makeup and Costumes of ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ - February 10, 2016
The film’s Oscar-nominated designers explain how they created Furiosa’s look. Step 1: Eliminate the feminine.
- Why ‘Diverse TV’ Matters: It’s Better TV. Discuss. - February 10, 2016
As TV embraces diversity, characters become more like us, and shows get better. The critics Wesley Morris and James Poniewozik of The Times discuss.
- Feature: Pee-wee’s Big Comeback - February 10, 2016
After disappearing for nearly three decades, Paul Reubens’s subversive alter ego returns — and seems more radical than ever.
- The Lumineers reveal new video for Ophelia - February 11, 2016
The Lumineers have just released a brand new video for single Ophelia.
- Zendaya: 'Dad and I bonded over R-rated movie!' - February 11, 2016
Actress and singer Zendaya's mother "freaked out" when she found out she spent a daddy-daughter day watching an R-rated movie about a gigolo.
- Elizabeth Banks praises Paul Dano as Brian Wilson - February 11, 2016
Elizabeth Banks is still in awe of how "mind-blowing" Paul Dano is in Love & Mercy.
- Kelly Osbourne pays for dad Ozzy's crimes after bat defecates on her head - February 11, 2016
Kelly Osbourne has joked it was a case of mistaken identity after a bat "attacked" her and defecated on her head, referencing her father Ozzy biting the head off one of the creatures back in 1982.
- Kanye West changes album title for fourth time - February 11, 2016
Kanye West has changed his album title for a fourth time, now settling on calling it The Life of Pablo.
- Adele announces pop up LA show - February 11, 2016
Adele will fast track a live show for this Friday in Los Angeles.
- 50 Cent gives little girl first hearing aid - February 11, 2016
50 Cent helped The Starkey Hearing Foundation’s celebrity Super Bowl Hearing Mission this weekend in San Francisco.
- David Bowie's son shares bittersweet baby news - February 11, 2016
David Bowie passed away a month before the inception of his first grandchild.
- Slipknot star talks racism in metal world after Phil Anselmo's outburst - February 11, 2016
Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor concedes racism is a "big problem" within the metal community, following rocker Phil Anselmo's recent Nazi salute controversy.
- Hailey Baldwin returns Justin Bieber's love - February 11, 2016
Hailey Baldwin has reciprocated Justin Bieber's feelings, admitting she "loves" the singer.
Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Sam Cooke's magnum opus "A Change Is Gonna Come" - February 9, 2016
Sam Cooke's magnum opus "A Change Is Gonna Come"
- Hip-Hop Artist Casey Veggies Gets Personal - February 2, 2016
Hip-Hop Artist Casey Veggies Gets Personal
- Elle King Visits Rock Hall to see Dress on Display - February 2, 2016
Elle King Visits Rock Hall to see Dress on Display
- Fan Picks: Old School Beastie Boys! - January 29, 2016
Fan Picks: Old School Beastie Boys!
- Everything You Need to Know About 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction - January 27, 2016
Everything You Need to Know About 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Songs That Shaped Rock: The Eagles' "Take It Easy" - January 21, 2016
Songs That Shaped Rock: The Eagles' "Take It Easy"
- The Fabulous Friendship of David Bowie and Jane Scott - January 20, 2016
The Fabulous Friendship of David Bowie and Jane Scott
- Pete Seeger, Howlin' Wolf and the Rebels of Sing Out! - January 15, 2016
Pete Seeger, Howlin' Wolf and the Rebels of Sing Out!
- The Surprising Stories Behind Four Bowie Classics - January 11, 2016
The Surprising Stories Behind Four Bowie Classics
- Madonna Shares Wild Story of First David Bowie Concert - January 11, 2016
Madonna Shares Wild Story of First David Bowie Concert
- Talking Heads' David Byrne Reflects on Music of David Bowie - January 11, 2016
Talking Heads' David Byrne Reflects on Music of David Bowie
- Songs That Shaped Rock: David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" - January 7, 2016
Songs That Shaped Rock: David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust"
- Grammys: Who Will Win and Who Should Win? - February 11, 2016
Two Billboard critics survey the field, from Lamar vs. Swift to Dylan vs. Manilow, with a wary eye on the "Beck factor." read more
- Paris Music Hall Where 89 Were Killed to Reopen This Year - February 11, 2016
The Bataclan has been shuttered since the Nov. 13 attacks across Paris that left 130 people dead and 350 others wounded. read more
- Carrie Underwood to be Honored at Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night - February 11, 2016
The country star will also perform at the April event in Phoenix, set to be hosted by Reba McEntire and feature performances from Brooks and Dunn, David Foster, The Tenors, Sinbad and others. read more
- Bruce Springsteen Announces Autobiography 'Born to Run' - February 11, 2016
The book will be released Sept. 27. read more
- Ice Cube and Son O'Shea Jackson Join Grammys Lineup - February 11, 2016
Alabama Shakes and Miguel also among final round of announced performers. read more
- Arcade Fire Shares Video from David Bowie New Orleans Tribute Parade - February 11, 2016
Organizers had urged attendees to wear their “best Bowie outfit or something more strange." read more
- Why Kanye West's Yeezy Show Could Be Game-Changing for the Fashion Industry - February 11, 2016
It's not West's designs that could potentially have a lasting effect on the fashion industry, so much as the revolutionary framework he is setting into motion with Thursday’s show. read more
- Gwen Stefani Returning to 'The Voice' as Blake Shelton's Team Advisor - February 11, 2016
The former 'Voice' coach joins boyfriend Shelton's team for Season 10. read more
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title - February 11, 2016
West, who has had a busy week on Twitter, also unveils the track list for the album, which is slated for Friday. read more
- 'American Idol': First Half of Farewell Season's Top 24 Take the Stage for Solos - February 11, 2016
The contestants also got to show off their personalities in short clips before their performances. read more
- Brit Awards to Air on Fuse With Adele, Justin Bieber Set to Perform - February 10, 2016
This year's show will incorporate a tribute to David Bowie and performances from Adele, Coldplay, Justin Bieber, The Weeknd and more. read more
- Adele to Perform Pre-Grammy Concert at L.A.'s Wiltern Theatre - February 10, 2016
The special one-off concert takes place in an intimate setting for the superstar. read more
Missy Elliot: WTF
- Half-Dozen Rosemary Clooneys - February 11, 2016
Rosemary Clooney was a bandleader's singer. On record, she could swing, she had intonation and she sounded extraordinarily relaxed and comfortable with herself, which is partly why Bing Crosby loved her so much. The other part is she seemed fun... Related Stories Julie London: A Good Cry
- Bill Watrous: In Love Again - February 10, 2016
After spending the early 1960s as a top New York studio trombonist, Bill Watrous caught a break in 1967 and recorded his first leadership album—In Love Again, for MTA Records. Given Watrous's beautiful tone, which was akin to Urbie Green's,...
- Interview: Elliot Lawrence - February 9, 2016
I've long loved Elliot Lawrence's music. His big band recordings of the late 1940s and 1950s had superb swing and sensitivity, especially on Gerry Mulligan arrangements. His bands were always tight, well rehearsed and loaded with the best musicians. After... Related Stories Al + Zoot: Happy Over Hoagy Elliot Lawrence on the Road Tiny Kahn and Elliot Lawrence
Monthly Archives: November 2008
Lena Horne sings the song that made her a huge star. “Stormy Weather”.