- This Week’s New Music: Oct. 21, 2016 - October 21, 2016
As we wait out the tail end of fall, here are some new releases that kept our ears buzzing this week. Lady Gaga: Joanne Still... The post This Week’s New Music: Oct. 21, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- This Week’s New Music: Oct. 14, 2016 - October 16, 2016
It’s time for the weekly new music wrap up, and here’s a selection of what caught the attention of our ears this week. The... The post This Week’s New Music: Oct. 14, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- Win Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds from Napster - October 10, 2016
We want you to listen to Napster in the best possible way in any situation and this week we are giving away TWO pairs... The post Win Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds from Napster appeared first on Napster Music News.
- This Week’s New Music: Oct. 7, 2016 - October 7, 2016
Here’s our weekly wrap up of this week’s notable albums and singles, and there’s something here for everyone. Bruno Mars: “24K Magic” It’s been... The post This Week’s New Music: Oct. 7, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- This Week’s New Music: Sept. 30, 2016 - September 30, 2016
Welcome to this week’s wrap up of new music that caught our ear. Enjoy! Bon Iver, 22, A Million Justin Vernon (aka Bon Iver)... The post This Week’s New Music: Sept. 30, 2016 appeared first on Napster Music News.
- The Hood Internet Mashed Up “No Problem” With “Go Cubs Go” But Chance The White Sox Fan Is Cool With It - October 26, 2016
As a native of Chicago’s South Side, Chance The Rapper reps the White Sox, not the Cubs. So you’d think he’d be a little perturbed about mashup team the Hood Internet splicing his instant-classic “No Problem” with the Cubs fight song “Go Cubs Go.” That’s certainly what his friend and longtime video director Austin Vesley […]
- Fred Thomas – “Brickwall” - October 26, 2016
Last year, Saturday Looks Good To Me leader Fred Thomas released a solo album, All Are Saved. It wasn’t his first solo album, but it was his best and most fully-realized to date, a concise group of songs about heartache and nostalgia and the awkward mix of the two. It was one of our favorite […]
- Watch A Completely Unlikely Conversation Between Pusha T And Tim Kaine - October 26, 2016
Pusha T has lately been working hard to help elect Hillary Clinton president, and he recently did some campaigning in Miami with a fellow Virginian, Clinton’s running mate Tim Kaine. Clinton’s YouTube page just posted a video of Kaine and Pusha in conversation, and all I can think about is how Pusha must just be […]
- Anna Meredith – “The Vapours” Video - October 26, 2016
Earlier this year, Scottish electronic composer Anna Meredith released an energizing new album called Varmints. Today, she’s shared a video for chaotic and sweeping album standout “The Vapours” that features quite a dazzling technical light display. “I wanted to capture the organised chaos of the song by filming each band member individually performing their parts […]
- Hillary Clinton Jokes About That Death Row Records Meme - October 26, 2016
There’s been a lot of good and bad things that have come out of the lead-up to the presidential election, but one of the best things is the meme below of Hillary Clinton’s debate outfits juxtaposed with some of Death Row recording artists’ iconic outfits that @double_cupp_me won the internet with last week. We gone […]
- Trump Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame Is Smashed - October 26, 2016
A man with a sledgehammer and a pickax attempted to remove Donald J. Trump’s star on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles.
- ‘Demagogues’ Presents Political Kings and Kingmakers - October 26, 2016
A Film Forum series includes “A Face in the Crowd,” “All the King’s Men,” “Citizen Kane” and more, pegged to the presidential election.
- Warren Beatty Wants Six Hours of Your Time. Or More. - October 26, 2016
Mr. Beatty’s “Rules Don’t Apply” is the first film he has written, directed and starred in since “Bulworth,” in 1998. And he’ll talk your ear off about it.
- A Retort to Shrinking Screens, in an Ultra-Immersive Show at the Whitney - October 25, 2016
“Dreamlands: Immersive Cinema and Art, 1905-2016” explores the multidimensional possibilities of film, historically and today.
- Review: 500 Years of Cultivation in ‘Portrait of a Garden’ - October 25, 2016
A Dutch kitchen garden on a historic estate yields lessons about what humans and nature can cooperate in creating.
- Review: In ‘Supersonic,’ the Band Oasis and Its Combative Brothers - October 25, 2016
This documentary looks at the rock group’s founding members, Liam and Noel Gallagher, through older footage and animated re-creations.
- Books of The Times: Review: In ‘Alfred Hitchcock: A Brief Life,’ Fear Drives a Master of Suspense - October 24, 2016
The latest biography by Peter Ackroyd examines what lurks behind the film director’s obsession with order and control.
- Max Landis Is a Hollywood Disrupter With an Attitude - October 24, 2016
The screenwriter Max Landis, son of John Landis, has strong opinions about showbiz, and he isn’t shy about expressing them, in person or online.
- Tyler Perry’s ‘Madea’ Scares Off ‘Jack Reacher’ at Domestic Box Office - October 23, 2016
“Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween” hit No. 1 across North America over the weekend.
- Vocations: A Film Technician Who Discovers Gems in the Outtakes - October 22, 2016
Willem Barneveld, a film technician and curator at Pro-Tek Vaults in Burbank, Calif., sometimes comes across footage that no one has seen in 80 years.
- Snapshot: Christopher Guest: No Eccentric Obsession Left Behind - October 21, 2016
Mr. Guest, whose new movie is about men and women who caper and cavort as sports mascots, discusses his films and the quirks that make people feel alive.
- Review: ‘Boo! A Madea Halloween’ Finds Tyler Perry in the Usual Costume(s) - October 21, 2016
Mr. Perry’s most popular character is back again to crack wise and deliver advice in this comedy. He plays some other people, too.
- Shania Twain to receive Billboard Icon Award - October 26, 2016
Madonna was previously named Billboard's 2016 Woman of the Year.
- Kesha: 'Dr. Luke made me so miserable' - October 26, 2016
The singer felt she had to starve herself to please the producer.
- Ice Cube to play Fagin in new Oliver Twist movie adaptation - October 26, 2016
Ice Cube has signed on to star in a new Disney adaptation of Charles Dickens' beloved Oliver Twist.
- Justin Bieber competes against ice hockey professionals in Manchester - October 26, 2016
Justin Bieber hit the pub with the ice hockey professionals after their match.
- FKA Twigs new video inspired by troubled past relationship - October 26, 2016
FKA Twigs opens up about her conflicted feelings when she found herself in a in an emotionally abusive past relationship.
- ABBA to launch new digital experience - October 26, 2016
Nearly 35 years after their last public performance together, the members of ABBA are preparing to give their fans around the world
- Mel C tells press: 'Stop causing trouble between me and Little Mix' - October 26, 2016
The former Spice Girls star slammed society for the hyper-sexualisation of young women.
- Bruno Mars brands Adele a 'diva' after collaboration - October 26, 2016
The pair teamed up on track All I Ask for Adele's critically-acclaimed album 25.
- Lady Gaga: 'My dad cried when I passed my driving test' - October 26, 2016
James Corden sported a crash helmet when newly-licenced driver Lady Gaga took the wheel during the pair's Carpool Karaoke segment.
- Birthday girl Ciara confirms she's pregnant - October 26, 2016
Ciara celebrated her 31st birthday by announcing that she and new husband Russell Wilson are expecting a baby together.
- Garth Brooks Announces the End of GhostTunes, No One Notices - October 26, 2016
In an announcement that the Internet doesn’t seem to care about at all, Garth Brooks says he’s giving up the Ghost… Tunes. Last week, Billboard interviewed arguably the biggest country star of the 90s about his recent deal with Amazon music. That’s where Garth Brooks’ content is now exclusively available for streaming. The plan is to start […] The post Garth Brooks Announces the End of GhostTunes, No One Notices appeared first on Digital Music News.
- 5 Signs That Justin Bieber Fans Are In an Abusive Relationship - October 26, 2016
“This is not a gimmick, and I’m an artist, and I should be taken seriously.” – Justin Bieber, May 2013. Justin Bieber is known for a lot of things. His strange behavior, his off-stage antics, and even his treatment of fans. Last Sunday, he stormed off a recent gig in the United Kingdom. He reportedly […] The post 5 Signs That Justin Bieber Fans Are In an Abusive Relationship appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Bank of America Hating on Pandora: ‘They’ll Never Get 10 Million Subs…’ - October 26, 2016
Looks like Ari Herstand isn’t the only getting hated these days. After a splash of hate from Bank of America, Pandora’s stock remains guttered this week. It’s been a really rough week for Pandora. Wall Street is pounding the company’s stock amidst structural and financial concerns. And this morning’s quarterly financials showed another huge loss. But […] The post Bank of America Hating on Pandora: ‘They’ll Never Get 10 Million Subs…’ appeared first on Digital Music News.
- The Top 3 Nap Time and Bedtime Lullabies That Have Worked for Me - October 26, 2016
How’s this for a baby song? “Hush, little baby, don’t you cry. It’s bedtime, that’s why.” These are my clutch nap time and bedtime lullabies. As a father of two young baby girls, I’ve found out the hard way what works and what doesn’t. For example, my girls love Masha and the Bear, but they […] The post The Top 3 Nap Time and Bedtime Lullabies That Have Worked for Me appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Vagina Lovers: Here’s Pussy Riot’s Latest, ‘Straight Outta Vagina’ - October 25, 2016
Is pussy the new dick? Spoiler Alert: Yes it is, according to Pussy Riot. Introducing the group’s latest statement, ‘Straight Outta Vagina’… Pussy Riot has never shied away from extreme controversy, with music their messenger of choice. The Russian feminist punk group faced imprisonment for challenging Vladimir Putin, and has since tackled a broad range of […] The post Vagina Lovers: Here’s Pussy Riot’s Latest, ‘Straight Outta Vagina’ appeared first on Digital Music News.
- 600,000 a Year Expected Visit ‘Prince Graceland,’ Paisley Park Museum - October 25, 2016
Local authorities just approved for a ‘Paisley Park Museum’ in Chanhassen, Minnesota. But will ‘Prince Graceland’ pull in Elvis numbers? It’s official: the Paisley Park Museum, aka ‘Prince Graceland,’ is now opening in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Paisley Park was the longtime residence of pop superstar Prince, and where the artist recorded countless albums and songs. It’s also where Prince […] The post 600,000 a Year Expected Visit ‘Prince Graceland,’ Paisley Park Museum appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Spotify Cuts off Video Partnerships, Then Says Video Plans Are Still Alive - October 25, 2016
There goes Spotify’s video service plan. Swedish website BreakIt is reporting that Spotify has dropped several top video partnerships almost a year after its introduction. It appears that Spotify is taking a step back from providing video content. The Swedish company decided against renewing major partnerships with ESPN and Vice Media from its video platform. […] The post Spotify Cuts off Video Partnerships, Then Says Video Plans Are Still Alive appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Musicians, This Is How You Deal With Haters - October 24, 2016
I remember the first time I got publicly shit on. I remember like it was yesterday. But it was actually nearly 8 years ago. I was included in the Minnesota Daily’s (the official newspaper of the University of Minnesota) “Freshman Survival Guide” as one of the “Worst bands of Minneapolis.” I was number 1! Ironically, […] The post Musicians, This Is How You Deal With Haters appeared first on Digital Music News.
- SoundExchange Submits Rates Proposal for 2018 Until 2022 - October 24, 2016
SoundExchange submitted their SiriusXM rates to the Copyright Royalty Board, according to a new report from Music Business Worldwide. Based on expert analysis, SoundExchange proposes a rate that is the greater of 23% of revenue and per-subscriber rates. The rates will start at $2.48 per subscriber starting in 2018, with moderate annual increases if approved. […] The post SoundExchange Submits Rates Proposal for 2018 Until 2022 appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Want to Increase SoundCloud Plays? Here Are 11 Great Tools - October 24, 2016
Here are 10 useful tools you can use to get more SoundCloud plays right now. And take over the airwaves of Planet Earth sooner than you thought possible! The following deep dive into SoundCloud plays comes from SMMGuide.co. Sam Zavedi has served as a SM Strategist for Fortune 500 companies and start-ups from across the […] The post Want to Increase SoundCloud Plays? Here Are 11 Great Tools appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Unauthorized Facebook Videos Help to Sell More Music, Study Shows - October 24, 2016
How important are fan-created, unauthorized Facebook videos to artist careers? Now, we have a much better idea. As the music industry battles with Facebook over royalties and what’s fair, there’s always been this lingering question. How important are Facebook videos to artist careers, anyway? And more importantly, how important are fan-created, unauthorized videos to artist […] The post Unauthorized Facebook Videos Help to Sell More Music, Study Shows appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Looking for Employees? Do What Goldman Sachs Does: Use Spotify - October 24, 2016
Looking for employees? Forget LinkedIn. Why not try Spotify? Goldmach Sachs Group is using Spotify to recruit millennials, according to reports. They’ve recently started running job advertisements on Spotify free. They’re apparently reaching out to Millenials, or young potential employees. The advertisements come in both audio messages and banner ads. The audio says, “It’s a […] The post Looking for Employees? Do What Goldman Sachs Does: Use Spotify appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Duran Duran to Get ASCAP Golden Note Award - October 26, 2016
The "multiplatinum pop visionaries" will get the honor in London in November. read more
- American Music Awards: Green Day, Twenty One Pilots to Perform - October 26, 2016
- Phil Collins Returns to Late-Night TV With 'In the Air Tonight' Performance on 'Jimmy Fallon' - October 26, 2016
"That's got a life of its own. That will outlive me." read more
- Listen to Pussy Riot's New Female-Empowerment Anthem "Straight Outta Vagina" - October 26, 2016
As the title indicates, it's a tad NSFW. read more
- Watch Katy Perry Celebrate Her Birthday by Casting Early Vote for Hillary Clinton - October 26, 2016
The pop star is scheduled to perform a free “Get Out The Vote” concert in Philadelphia on Nov. 5. read more
- Watch Prince Royce Serenade Hillary Clinton for Her Birthday - October 25, 2016
Clinton stopped by Univision's 'El Gordo Y La Flaca' on Tuesday, where she was serenaded by Prince Royce with a mariachi band. read more
- 'SNL' Castmember Pete Davidson Says Kid Cudi's Music Saved His Life - October 25, 2016
"I would've killed myself," the comedian-actor said during an interview with Power 105.1's 'The Breakfast Club.' "I truly believe if 'Man on the Moon' didn't come out, I wouldn't be here." read more
- 'Carpool Karaoke' Wish List: 19 Artists Who Should Sing With James Corden - October 25, 2016
Could Beyonce, Bruno Mars and Kanye West be next for Corden's celebrity ride-alongs? read more
- Shirlene Quigley, Missing Dancer for Rihanna & More, Found by Police - October 25, 2016
The North Bergen, N.J., Police Department announced Tuesday that the dancer is safe and being treated at an undisclosed location. read more
- Shania Twain to Receive Icon Award, Halsey Named Rising Star at Billboard Women In Music 2016 - October 25, 2016
They join Woman of the Year recipient Madonna as stars who will be honored at this year's Women in Music event, set for Dec. 9 in New York. read more
- Donnie Wahlberg Breaks Guinness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes - October 25, 2016
The actor-singer took 122 selfies in just three minutes aboard the annual NKOTB cruise. read more
- Lady Gaga to Perform at American Music Awards - October 25, 2016
Little Monsters rejoice, Gaga will be performing live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Nov. 20 at 8 pm ET on ABC. read more
- Stan Getz in L.A.: 1953 and '55 - October 26, 2016
In April 1953, Stan Getz was in New York recording for Norman Granz's Clef label. He was joined by Bob Brookmeyer on valve trombone, John Williams on piano, Bill Crow on bass and Al Levitt on drums. This group was... Related Stories Stan Getz: Italy, 1961 Getz and the Catwalk in '69 Weekend Wax Bits
- Harold Vick: Steppin' Out - October 25, 2016
To pay the bills and gain experience in the 1950s, a good number of jazz saxophonists began their careers in R&B bands. The list is too long to feature here but it includes John Coltrane, Benny Golson, Stanley Turrentine, Hank... Related Stories Brother Jack Meets the Boss Video: Sonny Rollins, 1959 Al Cohn and Dexter Gordon
- Four Anita O'Day Videos - October 24, 2016
Today, four videos of Anita O'Day—a couple that recently went up at YouTube and a couple of gems that have been up there for a while. All are out, way out... Here's Fly Me to the Moon... Here's 'S Wonderful......
- We've Seen This Election Before, In Classic Movies - October 25, 2016
It's life imitating art — election edition. A look at movies that have covered ground that's been well trod this campaign season, like A Face in the Crowd and The Lion in Winter and Ace in the Hole.
- Mark Twain Prize: Bill Murray Accepts Nation's Top Humor Award - October 24, 2016
Bill Murray received the 2016 Mark Twain Prize Sunday evening at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. He was gently roasted by friends and fellow comics, and he was droll and deadpan and heartfelt.
- In 'Fire At Sea,' Glimpse The Migrant Crisis From The Heart Of Mediterranean - October 23, 2016
Filmmaker Gianfranco Rosi talks about his documentary Fire at Sea. The film tells the story of the ongoing migrant crisis as experienced by residents of Lampedusa, an island off the coast of Sicily.
- 'Moonlight': A Cinematic Poem Of Love, Loneliness And Coming Out - October 21, 2016
The most rewarding coming-of-age film in many a moon, lyrically luminous Moonlight is the story of a gay African-American youngster in Miami who experiences trouble, trauma and unexpected grace.
- 'Moonlight': A Film About A Black Man's Coming-Of-Age In South Florida - October 21, 2016
NPR's Kelly McEvers talks to actor Mahershala Ali about the complex and nuanced ways his characters exemplify black masculinity - particularly in the new film, 'Moonlight.'
- '13th' Maps The Road From Slavery To Mass Incarceration - October 21, 2016
Ava DuVernay's new film takes its name from the amendment that abolished slavery, but allowed for prisoner servitude. Critic John Powers says 13th puts forth a searing interpretation of U.S. history.
- To Make 'Hate Rising,' Jorge Ramos Spent Time With Hate Groups - October 21, 2016
Renee Montagne talks to Univision anchor Jorge Ramos, who traveled the country to make his film Hate Rising — meeting with KKK members and white nationalists and others.
- 'Keeping Up' With These Suburban Spies Is All Too Easy - October 20, 2016
Zach Galifianakis loses his edge in a Mr. and Mrs. Smith knockoff that strands a gifted cast in a bland cul-de-sac spy adventure.
- A Melancholy Youth Finds Himself Under The Heavenly Glow Of 'Moonlight' - October 20, 2016
In Barry Jenkins' incandescent coming-of-age tale, three different actors cover three phases in the life of an African-American who takes a wayward path into manhood.
- With A Second 'Jack Reacher,' Tom Cruise Finally Exceeds His Grasp - October 20, 2016
After a five-year winning streak as Hollywood reigning action hero, Tom Cruise falls back to earth with a can't-miss sequel that misses.
Do you remember the Simon game? I remember having one as a kid and it was a lot of fun. It was basically a memory game using colors and sounds. The key objective was to remember all the sounds that corresponded to the color (or vise versa). The more sounds/colors, the harder it becomes. Try the new hand Simon Hand Held